Friday, January 20, 2012

Joys of fundraising

So I am getting really anxious about the debt that is building up towards paying mwd. I told Amanda about my concern around this and she suggested doing a kickstarter campaign. I researched it and I think it's a good idea. The only thing is that I have to come up with all these rewards and incentives for people who donate certain amounts. I also have to come up an intro video. I went on kickstarter and looked at what people have been up to. Omg, people go all out. Really elaborate, smartly edited videos. I don't have time to do this! I am nannying two different families, plus teaching. plus 10 private students, plus band rehearsal 2x a week, plus I will likely increase to 3x a week with mwd as the workshop is now 8 weeks away. Plus memorizing! 60 pages of text!! Mwd said that I need to have the piece fully memorized one month before the workshop. Amanda agrees.
So, how to get this fundraiser done with as little work and effort as possible...
And how much money should I try to raise? Kickstarter is all or nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment