Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rehearsal success

Rehearsed a bunch with my director for my upcoming show. She's been making me do all my lines in different voices, then while I'm moving about the room doing different movements, then back to my normal voice. Just a ton of awkwardness doing this in front of my director who I project is judging me and thinking how much I suck. I know it's not true but it's what's going in my head at the moment. Well, I did really suck a lot of the time. But we cracked up about it and I started over again. At the end of the rehearsal, I got it. I said my lines and my director was really impressed. I wish I knew what I had done to make myself perform the way I had! I wasn't even aware I was doing it! My director said my face looked really soft, my cheeks were warm, and my voice had a liquid quality to it. Now if I can just capture this essence for next week?! I definitely improv-ed some of my lines which is not allowed. We'll see how next week goes. Bah! In the meantime, it's memorizing in the car while commuting to work, on walks, in bed, while cleaning. I have no life!

No comments:

Post a Comment