Monday, September 26, 2011

New job

Started my new job today. I am the head music teacher at The Alta Vista School (grades pre-k through 2nd) in SF's mission district. I have never taught music to kids in a classroom setting before, (only individual lessons) so I was beyond nervous. The kids were loud, boisterous and talked back. I couldn't remember any of their names and my voice wobbled when I sang. The classrooms were small and the teachers remained in the room during my session which didn't help my nervousness. I left completely overloaded, overstimulated and with kids songs stuck in my head.  This always happens with a new job (well, minus the kids songs). Learning curves take awhile to catch up to. At least I'm making money at a legit job. Before this it was unemployment, occasional nannying, and private lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment