Thursday, December 16, 2010

Inspector reassigned

Days in Storage: 210

I called the Sex Crimes Unit today to follow up on my case. I spoke with an inspector who wasn't my original inspector. He explained that Inspector C***** had been reassigned. Then he went on to say that my rape kit was sitting on a shelf somewhere in Northern California but that my suspect's DNA was still on the shelves at SFPD because my original Inspector forgot to include it with my rape kit. He said that it would eventually make it's way up to Northern California but he couldn't say when. He said that it would eventually get there though. I hung up the phone and stared out my window. I don't know why I even bothered to call. I thought about the rapist and wondered if he had raped any other women.

No comments:

Post a Comment