Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Creepin on a look-a-like

I was walking from my car to the bank today and I was behind a guy that I thought might be the suspect. He was with some of his bros. My heart started thumping, then it felt like I turned into an auto-pilot robot. I followed them for several blocks to try to get a better look at the guy's face but he wasn't turning around. After four blocks I interrupted the guy and his bros and asked for the time. When the guy turned around I felt my jaw clamp down.
"It's 3:18," he said.
I smiled. "Thanks."
It wasn't the guy. This guy wasn't as handsome as the man I remembered. His nose was more rounded. Maybe he was taller too? I think? I don't know. I started feeling confused and panicked. Like spinning out. You're not gonna find him, Heather. Give it up.  welcome to the joys of PTSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment